Announcing an All Women's Portfolio Review and Forum!
IN COLLABORATION WITH POYI /CPOY AND THE NEWSEUM
APRIL 7TH, 2018
at Newseum in WAshington DC
WOMEN FOCUS hopes to bring together photography students and professionals for a free day of mentoring and exploration.
Each participant will have the following opportunities:
- Two 30-minute portfolio reviews by top women photo editors or photographers.
- Access to five intimate group conversations guided by mentors, ongoing throughout the day.
- Admission to the 75th Anniversary Exhibition of POYi winners.
- Access to the Newseum, an interactive museum that offers exhibitions about the critical value of First Amendment rights and responsibilities, and the evolution of communication.
The subjects of group conversations include:
- The Business of Seeing: Value your gifts—learn about contracts, grant writing, and pay equality so you can sustain a business that may also be a life passion.
- Mind and Body Health: How to stay healthy—develop skills for life/work balance in a profession that challenges us with unpredictable schedules and exposure to trauma.
- Innovation and Technology: Learn the skills and mindset of innovative technologies of the present and the future from leaders in the field of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Sexual Harassment and Violence: Stay safe in the field and office. Be a part of the conversation to help change the culture of sexual aggression.
- Social Justice and the Camera: How to balance journalistic ethics and advocacy work as the lines between photographic disciplines become increasingly blurred.
Women Focus would like to thank Kathy Kendra for website and logo design and Dominique Hildebrand for her tireless efforts on website design and updates.